Why One Should Consider Going On a Blind Date ?
That adrenaline rush we get when we are about to meet the person set up by family , friends or colleagues for us to go on a date with.Getting ready to meet the person with nervousness and rehearsing in front of the mirror for the nth time to not get our clumsiness ahead of us while meeting !The anxiety with a bit of accelerated heart while we wait in the entrance of the place we are supposed to meet them.
Blind date is meeting a person we may not know personally but our friends , relatives or colleagues think we are compatible with and ask us to give it a shot !
And here we are, blindmeet to help you with your blind date !
1.Let us now go through a few things one must look into before going on a blind date. First and foremost ensure that the person you are about to go on a date with is reliable by inquiring about them through the mediator who has set you up and if the mediator reveals the name without knowing make sure to search them up on Facebook or any other social media sites they reside in. This is not stalking this is called being wary and keeping the situation under control.
2. Secure Location – Make sure the place you are about to meet is safe with more than 10 people surrounding you both from afar and the light is bright to ensure the safety of both the parties . And let the place be equal distance to you both so that you both get to spend quality time together with each other . Let the place be quiet so that you both are audible to each other. Secluded areas and places that people do not visit often are not really a great idea for a blind date.
Make sure the place you meet is comfy so you don’t have to pretend to be someone else there And make it a point to share your location with a closed one so that in case of an emergency they are there to help us in a blink.
3. Dress well – Make sure you present yourself well and good as the famous quote goes by ” first impression is the best impression” . Dress appropriately for the place and add a touch of your own style to stand unique and tall among the plenty of fish in the ocean.
3. Smell good -This is the most important aspect because no one wants to be with or date someone who smells bad. Blind dates are occasions to gift yourself with a new outfit or a new perfume which will make you feel more confident and beautiful.
4. Be yourself- Don’t portray yourself as someone else to make them believe you are perfect . Cause blind date is about two imperfect people meeting each other to create a perfect bond in the long run . Smile and be you , there is no other mantra to ace a blind date as much as this. Be welcoming so that the other person will not be uncomfortable and it even helps to melt down their anxiety and nervousness.
5. Brief eye contact –Look into the person’s eyes while talking and sharing your side of the story so that it creates trust in the heart and make them believe you whatever you are saying is true and it also helps them to open up and share their stories too.
6. Don’t share too much -During the blind date to impress the other one we tend to share our whole life story in the first meet and it is better to avoid that and make the meeting fun and comfortable by sharing some jokes and the basic favourites like a story you recently read or your interests and make sure you inquire about them also to make them you are into them as a human and not as a date who is forced to listen . And giving too much information about yourself to a stranger is not too good without knowing than well and good.
7. Note down the body language – Note the gestures and body language of the other person to learn if they are genuinely interested in the date or they are here only because they are forced too .And make sure to look into the person’s eye so that we can make sure they are here with good motives and intentions and genuinely wants to be there to get to know a person in a romantic or a friendly manner.
8. Trust your intuition – Trust your gut feelings blindly , it’s the voice of our soul giving us hints or speaking to us inside our minds .Your intuition can say more about a person than the person who is sitting right in front of you . And if you feel comfortable and your intuition approves jump right into it cause what is life without a bit of a risk!.
9. Make sure you give the right hints – If you like the person and are intrigued by them make sure you arrange further dates with the person with their approval and if they decline the idea make sure you don’t make them feel guilty for not taking up charges and wish them luck while letting go.
And if you don’t want to date the person in the mere future politely address the issue and sure you both leave on a good note cause feelings are secondary while respecting someone and getting that back is primary . And don’t spread rumors while the mediator asks how it went just because the person let you go.
Love can be found in a childhood best friend to a stranger who randomly gazes at us from across the road. It can also be found after we lost hope or it can also become our reason to live . It can brew after years of knowing someone or can be found in a random forced blind date.
Meeting someone through a blind date can turn out to be a random memory or become something meaningful .
Imagine yourself going out on a blind date after failing in several relationships or you have been single for as long as you can remember.And the person whom you are supposed to meet turned out to be a great human who not only has a great sense of humor but a good listener with a romantic side and is ready for a relationship and you both end up spending your lives together.
Doesn’t it sound like a fairytale?
We people tend to believe these types of love doesn’t exist because we don’t take the risk of getting our hearts broken or starting from scratch..This one time let us keep our hearts in our sleeves and download Blindmeet to find a friend , a companion, a soulmate and our one true love.